Though I’ve been absent, my brain has been mulling. Churning to the point where I can no longer avoid talking to you because of some bad experience blogging for an internet marketing business that’s not worth it’s weight in chewed on Styrofoam cups.
UNPAID INTERNSHIPS = FREE LABOR at least in my case
(also my right hand kinda goes cold and numb if I type too long. Boo for that.) Regardless I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m letting that crap hold me back from doing something I actually love. Write, even if just for the hell of it.
So much has changed since last we spoke!
- I’ve moved into the best apartment ever in Andersonville, Chicago, with the most fabulous landlord that wears sparkly earmuffs and Monkee’s tshirts. She’s fantastic.
- I have new doctors actually making an effort to figure me out. Crackly mold lungs, super sleepiness, short term memory loss, numb right hand etc, all on the table for dissection. (edit: Both my shoulders are jacked up making it hard to type for very long… so blogs might take a min as I have to stop every time I can no longer feel my fingers. Just saying.)
- Have the best boyfriend ever. Ever. My mother calls him a gift from God even though she hasn’t met him yet.
- I’m learning a lot about the needs of the communities on Chicago’s South Side and developing ideas to help give the youth there a voice of their own outside their limited environment.
- Oh, and I learned to knit. It’s fun, and I give most of it away to kids who needed some warmth during this last year’s polar vortex crap. Seriously, my hair froze.
The point is, I’m back. I love this and I love talking with you, so I don’t intend on going anywhere soon.
Next blog, trying to save my friend from death by selling everything I make on Etsy. It’s a thought right?
Let me know what you think about that last thing, or if you have a physical therapist that accepts Medicaid. Seriously.
I need input. Talk to me people.
Weirdness and best intentions.